- Whole Eggs – Eggs are very fulfilling without much eating, are high in protein and nutrients, and contains healthy fats. It also helps in building muscles. Hunger can be satiated by whole eggs and it does not increase weight as well. If you have eggs for breakfast you will not feel the need for a snack before lunch. There is a myth about eggs that they raise the number of calories but it is wrong. On the contrary Whole eggs burn more calories and reduce food cravings. You can consume up to 2 eggs a day while on a diet.
- Apples – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Plus apples have the potential to keep fat away as well. Apples do have calories, but it is also filled with water and fiber which makes you feel full and is also efficient in reducing hunger pangs. The amount of pectin is high in apples which combined with water restricts your cells to absorb only a certain level of fat. Many doctors will suggest you include apple in your diet if you are in the process of losing weight. If you consume apple an hour and so before mealtime, you will find yourself cutting out on our intake.
- Avocado – Avocado is an all-rounder. You can have them any time with anything, be it salads or main course. They are rich in nutrients and healthy fats. They also help in reducing fats, improves vision, benefits your heart. It also has the capacity to reduce food cravings. It is found out in researches that Avocado lowers cholesterol, reduces belly fat. It is the perfect food to consume during weight reduction. You should maintain an average of 1 Avocado per day. Avocado includes Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Potassium, Folate, Vitamin C, Copper, Magnesium, and antioxidants.
- Bananas – Bananas are the home of potassium and starch that helps in weight loss. After your workout session if you consume bananas then it will fill all the nutrition needs at that time. Apart from diet benefits bananas can solve your digestion issues. They maintain your blood pressure, eliminating the risks of it shooting up or down. And studies have proven it also prevent strokes in women above 30.
- Brown Rice – Brown rice resistant starch, which is a healthy carbohydrate that burn body fat. Brown rice looks after your heart health also. It’s low in calories and makes you feel filled after consuming. It is also considered much healthier than white rice as it has provided more benefits to your body than white rice.
- Good Diet: All things related to the body start with healthy nutrition consisting of a well-balanced diet. Your immune system is also directly affected by the food you eat. Making some foods part of your staple diet can work wonders for your immune system. Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruits); berries, particularly strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries; papaya and kiwi are very potent immunity boosters. Certain vegetables have ingredients, which can considerably enhance the potency of your resistant system. These are carrots, spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes, red bell peppers, and onions. Even ordinary spices like turmeric, garlic, and ginger have medicinal properties that can toughen weak immune systems. Yogurt, almonds, flaxseeds, and mushrooms are some other foodstuffs, which can boost your immunity considerably.
- Good Sleep: Proper rest and sound sleep can perform miracles on your mind and body. It is common knowledge that fatigue, stress, and anxiety have a negative impact on health. Intense stress and fatigue trigger a hormonal imbalance that can wreak havoc on your body with far-reaching consequences for your body’s immunity and the diseases you may be exposing yourself to. Stress may even lead to loss of sleep, becoming a vicious cycle, which can be catastrophic. Hence, learn to worry less and never compromise on your sleep, however busy you may be. We would do well to follow the old dictum of “early to bed an early to rise”. Make sure you get your minimum daily sleep quota of 8 hours.
- Reduce Stress: Exercise and physical activities are good stress busters. They are significant contributors to building better immunity. Physical exertion lowers the level of stress hormones in the body, thus enhancing your immune system. Another stress-preventer is meditation. Apart from keeping you mentally healthy, it also increases the body’s resistance to various bacteria, viral illnesses, and infections. Spending quality time with your loved ones, being cheerful and having a positive attitude diminishes worries and keeps stress at bay. Stress has no place in the workplace either; you can take short breaks or go on annual vacations to revitalize yourself. Remember this mantra: The lower the stress, the stronger your immunity.
Flushes Out the Toxins
Make this a habit – Drink a glass of water after you wake up every morning. Water helps to flush out unwanted toxins and bacteria from your bladder and kidney.
Various diseases like Urinary Tract Infections can be caused due to the consumption of less water. Our kidneys are especially sensitive and succumb to diseases easily.
So, staying hydrated will keep the organs healthy, eliminate bodily wastes and keep you away from ailments.
You can even drink detox water every morning. An example of detox water is lemon, water, and honey.
Gives You a Healthy and Glowing Skin
Once we hit puberty, breakouts and acne can become a daily struggle. Using skin care products won’t be useful unless the epidermis is ridden of toxins that cause blackheads, pimples, redness, itching, and irritation.
Drinking water will do that for you. Hydration eliminates the unwanted particles to give you a healthy and glowing skin.
Water also slows down the aging process to keep you looking younger in the long run.
Keeps Your Body Cool
Staying hydrated, especially in the summers is a must. Dehydration causes all sorts of health problems.
The natural way of releasing heat from the body is by the expansion of vessels. Being dehydrated, a higher temperature is required to expand the vessels, making you feel hotter. Staying hydrated will keep you cool on the inside and outside.
Keeps Your Weight in Check
While attempting a diet, you must have read to drink ample of water.
There are two ways by which water keeps your weight in check. Firstly, when your body cells need water, the brain sends you a signal to get more and you start eating instead of quenching your thirst.
Secondly, if you drink water before meals, then your tummy will be filled and you will not eat as much as you would without it.
Keep your cells, body, and mind happy by drinking at least 1-1.5 liters of water everyday.
Your Muscles and Joints Work Better
Water ensures the proper functioning of your muscles and lubricates your joints. You will automatically perform better.
Have you noticed cramps that cause unbearable pain in your calf muscles especially at night? The reason may be dehydration or muscle fatigue. Staying hydrated helps to fight both.
Reduces High Blood Pressure
As we know, our bodies are 70% water. When you are well hydrated, the blood contains 92% of water, which means the blood can move easily.
The water prevents cardiovascular diseases and keeps your blood pressure under control.
Internally, Aloe Vera is used in the following Industries:
- Natural Health Care Industry (Complementary and Alternative Medicine): The bio-active properties of the Aloe Vera are therapeutic and the plant has a long established reputation in the world of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAMS). It is used for both topical (skin) and internal use. Used internally it assists people who suffer from health concerns like immune deficiency (HIV, AIDS, flu, low energy, etc), digestive system (health concerns with stomach, intestine, ulcers, etc), cardiovascular concerns (high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels), diabetes (concerns with unstable blood sugar levels), arthritis (joint pain). Research has also indicated that it is found in products related to animal health care. A lot of the healing properties which work on humans can also be applied to animals.
- Food & Beverage Industry (Functional Food): In the beverage market, the drinkable juice provides beneficial properties due to its good regulating action in the digestive system and in complementary form for gastritis treatments, ulcers and others. It is also used in drinks for athletes and sportsmen, like tonic and purifier of the organism.
Commonly, consumers find Aloe Vera ingredients in products like:
Facial and body cleansing and moisturizing products like day & night creams, anti-aging creams, facial wash products and body lotions and scrubs.
After sun, skin burn and laser therapy treatments.
Hair and scalp products like shampoos and conditioners
Skin cleaning products like liquid- and solid soaps, hand creams and bath and shower products.
Deodorants and antiperspirants.
Insect repellent products.
Aloe Vera is therefore used a lot in amenities for the Spa and Hotel Industry.
Natural Health Care Industry (Complementary and Alternative Medicine)
The bio-active properties of the Aloe Vera are therapeutic as well and the plant has a long established reputation in the world of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAMS). The plant is well-known for its trans-dermal properties. It can reach deeper body tissues, allowing it to take all the nutrients of the aloe into the skin. Inflammatory type of skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne, can benefit from these high transdermal and anti-inflammatory properties. Further results have shown glycol-nutrients act as humectants- a substance that absorbs or helps another substance retain water and moisture. Aloe helps retain moisture in damaged tissue; the penetrating power of Aloe allows water and other moisturizers to sink deeply into the skin, replenishing lost fluids and restoring the fatty layer. Aloe Vera allows uronic acids (which strip toxic materials of their harmful effects) to penetrate deeply, making the cleansing astringent qualities of Aloe more effective.
Calcium is very abundant in our bodies. It is in our bones and our teeth. The mineral is very essential for the purposes of muscle contraction, cell formation, enzyme activity, and nerve health. For this reason, we all need calcium and it is important to meet the daily requirement of the mineral. If we do not, then our bodies end up pulling some of the calcium from our bones and teeth.
Calcium is very important for pregnant and nursing mothers. This is because of the baby formation and the fact that a lot is lost in childbirth. Since a child gets all nutrients from its mother as a fetus and during the breastfeeding phase, it is very important to ensure that they get all the necessary nutrients during this very important juncture of life.
There are many options available when you are looking for a great calcium source or a type of calcium. The best source of calcium is food because it can be accessed by the body quite easily.
One of the most inexpensive sources of calcium is eggshells. The eggshells actually have around 27 essential microelements but the main mineral is calcium carbonate. This form is quite similar to teeth and bones. Eggshell calcium increases the density of bones. It also helps with arthritic pain and can stimulate the growth of cartilages.
The best thing is the fact that you can make your own eggshell supplement at home. All you need is organic eggs. The best are ones that are straight from the farm and very fresh. When the shell is thicker, then it should tell you that you will get even more nutrients.
The main thing to do is to ensure that the eggs are washed thoroughly before they are boiled. This is aimed at killing all pathogens and bacteria that can thrive in the shells. After this, you need to dry them. To make it thorough, it may be wise to put them in the oven for a couple of minutes to ensure that it is thorough.
Once the eggshells are completely dry, you can apply a good method to ground them into powder. This powder should then be stored in a clean, dry, and airtight container. You can then use the powder as you please.